Monday, 4 May 2009

WTF happened to Sweden; part deux

So, not only am I (still) without social security, I have also apparently been illegally driving my new car for a month. For some reason the registration didn't happen properly when I picked it up.

Partly my fault - maybe. I asked to pick it up on a Saturday whereas the dealer usually only sell cars Mo-Fr. So the paperwork routine may have been messed up because of that. I also probably should have questioned it earlier since no new papers arrived in the mail, but I got shit to do besides checking up on paperwork that someone said should be taken care of.

Anyhow, I finally checked the registration status on the Swedish Transport Agency website and freaked out when I saw that it's been unregistered since a year back. Called the car dealer on Saturday morning [suspect I woke him up cause he sounded really tired]. He called back today and told me that whoever should've finalized the paperwork he had started apparently had reverted it.

Was also very apologetic and relieved that nothing had happened to me. Like a roadside police control for instance. My guts cramp just thinking about it. Not so much because I think I would've been unable to get out of the trouble, just because of all the work and energy it would've taken to get out of that trouble. Fuckinghell.

4 comments:

  1. Urgh, sorry to hear all this admin trouble. And thank goodness nothing serious happened in the meantime. Good luck for sorting everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh. Hope these things sort themselves out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems to be sorted out now, and I hope this wil be the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh. Paperwork troubles. Hope it's all straightened out!

    ReplyDelete