Ethanol update
I've been pretty good. Despite my general appreciation of distilled and fermented liquids, I've since this somewhat pathetic post had 21 of 26 days sans alcohol. The five days with have been
*6-course dinner with accompanying wine selection on the last evening in Austria three weeks ago [and I only had half glasses]
*Friday dinner with hgd two weeks ago
*Saturday dinner with hgd two weeks ago
*Wednesday after work beer here in Copenhagen last week (at 11.30 pm)
*Dinner here + booty shaking till the early morning + too many cocktails at Ideal Bar in Copenhagen (bad bad hangover since I was out of antihistamines)
So whereas three weeks of hard work limits the intake [at least compared to the usual scenario], returning home to a lonely Swedish flat makes it more difficult to resist opening a bottle of wine in the evening. No dude, no flat mate (moved out before I returned) and no Goose (because I have grants to write and she has friends to visit after coming home from the states). And I'm even out of chocolate. Arrgh.
But! I will have a glass or two of Riesling tomorrow. ´Cause I've got a date with this really hot chick I've met on teh internetz! One of the cool, smart and hot individuals in our female science blogger community emailed me a couple of months ago asking for a "date". So I'm having my first ever blogger meetup! I'll meet her here and then we'll go here. As far as I have been able to tell, she's not mentioned it on her blog. So..... maybe there will be some minutiae from the meeting, maybe not. Maybe she wants to come out, maybe not...
Sweet. Sounds like a great time! (Yes , i am curous who this is.... since it is not me ;) ) anyway, glad to hear that alcohol intake worked out fine... I would be opening a bottle of wine if I was alone at the house tonight.. Gosh, I need it.... no Easter break and lots of strange data that are wrong.... pah.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, Glad påsk!!!
easter break? what's that?
ReplyDeleteIt seems you already had an almost-there blogger meet up last Wednesday in Copenhagen. I was at the same bar at the same time. Totally weird. I should have known you were there.
ReplyDeleteI love a good Riesling. I wish my crazy schedule would allow me a glass with dinner now and again but I'm a lightweight and I have to do work in the evening after I eat :P
ReplyDeleteI think I remember reading something about a meetup at some point, but can't for the life of me remember who you might be meeting. I hope you have tons of fun regardless!
ReplyDeletesaxifraga, that's hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI was there about a half hour and arrived a few minutes before they closed the bar. As far as I remember I wore a fedora....does that ring a bell?
Cath; there is no way this meeting has been talked about anywhere, you must refer to some of my other girlfriends...
ReplyDeleteContemporary Troubadour; you can always do a quarter of a glass if that's better for post-dinner work...
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I remember, but I think there were a small group of people coming in rather late. Maybe that was your group. You should've worn a sign saying hypoglycemiagirl, obviously. We were problaby there for a hour or a little more and I think we were the last people to leave the bar. At least we were there after the bar closed. I was with a group of colleagues (seven-eight people or so) sitting right next to the entrance. I used to live in Copenhagen, but almost never go out there these days, but I was at a conference there last week. It's a small world.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny - you should have worn a sign! It's true. Neat that you're having a blogger meetup with mystery blogger.
ReplyDeleteyes, Silver Fox, I'm contemplating having a discreet hgg logo tatooed behind my left ear or something!
ReplyDelete