Saturday, 14 March 2009

Airport blogging

CPH again. Got up ridiculously early after working ridiculously late.

I'm starting the second week of the peripathetic month of March 2009. After being in Sweden for a week to show my face at work there so they don't think I've deserted just yet, I'm on my way to Austria to collaborate with former colleagues. We have to make sure we spend as much of the EU taxpayers' money as possible before the funding runs out in a few months.

I'm freaking the f*ck out since I haven't yet finished the manuscript I was supposed to finish before we meet. All kinds of analyses left to do on this motherfucker and I feel pretty useless right now.  I have however found a suitable punishment/carrot: no alcohol - not even the bubbly kind [especially not the bubbly kind] - till this manuscript is submitted. Additional benefits for my liver.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's a great (or terrible?) incentive! I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's going to be a nightmare, but at least now I've committed to it semi-publicly. And two of my co-authors sort of follow this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recommend it. Data always look better after a few drinks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it's not data, it's modelling.....I could use some drugs for the writing though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww.. Have fun and hope you feel better soon. I am sure you will do a nice analysis and make it all work very soon.

    Safe flights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. chall; yeah, we're getting there, but everything takes ages. I'll be alcohol free for months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. About 9th of May, 2009.

    I’ve often joked that I would wear stilettos to my viva voce, so that I could throw a well heeled shoe at those who ask nasty questions! I could possibly turn up with a bag of old stilettos??!!! *LOL*

    On a more serious note, you’re absolutely welcome to my defense if you’re in Sweden and in Gothenburg on 9th May. We’ll have refreshments thereafter.

    Best wishes,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete