Parental investment way beyond weaning and dispersal
My parents visited me in Sweden last weekend. Partly because my Mom wanted to make sure I'm still alive after the car crash and partly because my Dad was really eager to buy me a new car. Now look, I didn't ask for it but you know if he insists, I'm not the one to decline. He even did all the work searching online, contacting dealers and even looking at some on their way from Norway.
We ended up with this one in my home town. We agreed that they would fix a few things and set a dat for me to pick it up, which was Thursday this week. Thursday the salesman called and postponed the pickup till Friday since the car needed a technical control first. So two nights in a row I dreamt that I crashed my new car. Again and again. Either by falling asleep (dammit I wasn't supposed to do that again!) or because of snowy and slippery roads (dammit I should've asked them to change to winter tyres anyway!).
Yesterday he called me again asking if I would be very sad to not be able to pick up my car that day. They had to exchange one more thing. Nope, I do not plan on driving to Austria, Scotland, Denmark before I head back to Sweden in three weeks, so I'm perfectly happy if they keep my car till I come back.
But it also means you'll have to wait a little longer before I can post a photo.
Can I be your Dad's friend?
ReplyDeletesure, he's an awesome guy no matter what!
ReplyDeleteYour dad sounds great!
ReplyDeleteYes, both my parents are great.
ReplyDeleteHooray for the new car and generous parents. Hope the recurring dreams go away!
ReplyDeleteFor the time being the dreams haven't returned, but will probably do that when I will go and pick it up when I come back to Sweden
ReplyDelete