S.A.D ?? hm, I hope everything is fine at the new place. Holidays are coming up so I hopeaand thinnk yo will have some time off (since you are in the vacation land after all).
I've just decided to visit Sweden inFebruary ;) let's hope for snow for me!!!
Have a great weekend and I look forward reading some more abour the transition. I hope you are well!
well, I dunno if it's S.A.D. or just general feeling of inadequacy both as a parent and researcher. It's been a bit much lately. I need to simplificate my life I think....
Mh, sorry to hear that... we all feel inappropriate sometimes, and with all your family worries, anyone would find it difficult to be focused. End of the year are crazy frenzies. Take it a day at a time, one task at a time. Starting as an assprof is a hell of a challenge. Good luck! Maybe this excerpt of a conversation I had yesterday with a prof friend of mine, a single mom of two, could inspire you? I was saying how I planned to work during the holidays and she went like "yeah right, work, hu? if you're just going to pretend and struggle at it, take the bloody time off properly, and work properly... later". My best wishes to your grandparents.
Nice winter header! Yeah, I guess wine is for anytime.
ReplyDeletethanks, at least the blog changes with a new banner even though frequency of posts are low...
ReplyDeleteS.A.D ?? hm, I hope everything is fine at the new place. Holidays are coming up so I hopeaand thinnk yo will have some time off (since you are in the vacation land after all).
ReplyDeleteI've just decided to visit Sweden inFebruary ;) let's hope for snow for me!!!
Have a great weekend and I look forward reading some more abour the transition. I hope you are well!
Hey, sorry to hear you're a bit S.A.D... Hope the lights you saw in town helped a bit...
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
well, I dunno if it's S.A.D. or just general feeling of inadequacy both as a parent and researcher. It's been a bit much lately. I need to simplificate my life I think....
ReplyDeleteMh, sorry to hear that... we all feel inappropriate sometimes, and with all your family worries, anyone would find it difficult to be focused. End of the year are crazy frenzies. Take it a day at a time, one task at a time. Starting as an assprof is a hell of a challenge. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMaybe this excerpt of a conversation I had yesterday with a prof friend of mine, a single mom of two, could inspire you? I was saying how I planned to work during the holidays and she went like "yeah right, work, hu? if you're just going to pretend and struggle at it, take the bloody time off properly, and work properly... later".
My best wishes to your grandparents.
yes, I have no idea how many holidays I've had ambitions to finally Get Shit Done, just ending up feeling even worse because Shit Doesn't Get Done.
ReplyDelete