Wednesday, 19 November 2008

5 times 5

I left a not well thought out comment over chez Cath, got myself tagged, so here we go (slightly modified)

5 things I did 10 years ago
1. Trying to catch up on life and myself after a long (6 months) intensive lab season working with field collected creatures
2. Having my first long distance relationship
3. Getting used to Sweden and graduate school
4. Learning an awful lot of awesome Finnish profanities from my office mate (she would've kicked some PhysioProf ass)
5. Mentally preparing for my paternal granddad to die 800 km away in Mid Norwegian town (happened six months later)

5 things on my todo list today
1. Get new windscreen wipers; my old ones froze over night (DONE; but how the *£@! do I attach them? And how do I get the old ones off first?)
2. A health check-up (DONE; and my general health rocks despite too little exercise and too much booze, stress and food for the last five years)
3. Annoy the Goose by kissing her neck (DONE)
4. Tickle the Goose (DONE, DONE and DONE)
5. Read the second last chapter of the last Narnia book for the Goose at bed time* (DONE)

5 snacks I like
1. Champagne
2. Carrots
3. Gewürtztraminer
4. Campari on the rocks
5. Wasabi coated nuts

5 things I'd do if I were a millionaire (USD, EUR or SEK?)
1. Repair and pimp my 1972 Mercedes
2. Pay off student loan and mortgage on my flat
3. Set aside a lot for the Goose
4. Go to Copenhagen, get inseminated and hire a nanny 9 months later
5. Buy a bigger flat (see point 4) and a dishwasher

5 YouTube moments I adore
1. Beastie Boys "Sabotage"
2. Q-tip "Breathe and stop"
3. Poping battle (check out 4:20 onwards)
4. Max & Tommy (best lindy hop cHoreography ever)
5. Kitchen diaries: How to make the perfect beat

5 groups of people I tag
1. Anyone who knows how to swear in Finnish
2. Anyone who knows where Graubünden is
3. Anyone who lives in a place where there's snow right now
4. Anyone who has published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology
5. Anyone who feels like it

*I'm so relieved to be almost done, it's a nightmare to read: I don't know if it's the Norwegian translation or the original, but it's not good. And of course the religious hints totally rubs me the wrong way. Anyone who questions everything or doesn't "believe" without seeing is being ridiculed. Arrrgh!

10 comments:

  1. I like the 3, 4, and 5 on your to-do list (and the snack list, also).

    Re: windshield wipers. I usually take those to a gas station or NAPA store - but probably they don't have those over there. And if I tried that at a gas station in Finland, I'd just have to wave the things at the station owner and point at my car, and I wouldn't know a single Finnish swear word even for emphasis! (I did manage to get gas that way once, though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll teach you!

    I like your snack list very much indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver Fox; I'm afraid that gas station staff in Sweden these days mostly knows how to sell magazines, hot dogs, coffee and cinnamon rolls. Although there is a guy who looks like he's old school in the neighbourhood, I'll go and check out if he can help.

    Thing is, I prefer figuring out these things myself, but I'll end up breaking the new wipers in anger I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah well Cath, I had a lot of fun finding the UTube moments, but dammit I wasted a lot of time that could've been spent sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everybody seemed to notice your snacks list. i will too, for the sake of unity! i also got a can of wasabi-coated nuts by my table. but i don't eat it myself but offer it to unsuspecting colleagues who drop by my nook when i'm in the middle of something. regarding insemination, i know someone who'd be willing to do it for free. no need to be a millionaire. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mogLi; problem is, the dude I prefer for the insemination is unfortunately not interested. So then I actually prefer someone anonymous...but I do need some money for a nanny in that case, or do you know someone who will take that job for free too ;-)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again for the sweet email HGG. :)

    Adding you to my Google Feed now, and will be following...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, FB, thanks for passing by. You'll notice I'm not even half as productive with posts as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasabi peas.... yummy.

    Have been totally slack of late and so have spent some time catching up on your news. Very busy HGG...

    Take care. sm

    ReplyDelete
  10. busy indeed...thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete