Question
Statcounter tells me that my photo blog has about 4 returning visitors every day, but it could obviously be more if some of you instruct some antispyware* to block Statcounter cookies. But I don't really assume there's too many more out there. It has been quite a fun project, even though I occasionally lack inspiration to go out and find something to shoot, write something about it and then post it. Especially since I moved out in the countryside, the days just have too few hours.
So partly to make a little PR for the last few weeks of my project and partly because I need some help to decide, I would liketo ask my four readers the following question
Shall I continue the photo blog in 2009?
1. Hellyes
X. Meh
2. Hellno
If I get no replies, I will consider the silence as a giant big effing meh and act accordingly. Depending on the answer to this one, there may be follow-up questions.
Updated to add: don't be afraid to answer X or 2.
*btw do all you non-Scandinavians know what spy means up here?
Your photo project is in my reader, so I only visit the site when there is new stuff, but I don't think I've missed any.
ReplyDeleteI answer 1.
Photo I definitely remember (do I really want to do this?)
the ikea chair. I have an habit to give out about Ikea because I find it promotes disposable consumerist lifestyles that I don't agree with (although yes, as any european my age my place is packed with the stuff, and I love my ikea couch. There.) But I found it very interesting to sort of go back to the source of it and see some more intersting stuff. And I like scandinavian design.
Pictures with your car. No explanation for that.
the picture of you with your nice dress in that big famous shop in Paris. You know, la ville lumiere and that kinda things.
There are more. But you just put up some news stuff and I have to check it out.
I don't know what spy means. Will you tell us?
ReplyDeleteI am one of the four!
ReplyDelete(Well, not every day, but whenever something shows up in Google Reader).
I would say - do it if it makes you happy. You have no obligation to anyone, your blog is for you. I enjoy the photos, but if you find it becoming a chore, then don't bother!
You could always post more photos here, if you don't want to maintain a separate blog or post every day.
I like it. I like it better lately that you've been writing more commentary with the photos. I guess if you only have time for one or the other, I'd vote for the regular blog over the photoblog. You could always post pictures on this blog when you have ones you want to share, rather than trying to come up with something every day. If you do keep the photo blog next year, I have one small suggestion: archive the posts so that they don't all show on the page at once. I only say this because the scroll bar is getting so small it's hard to move around the page.
ReplyDelete*no. The Danish words I remember are limited to stuff that was useful day-to-day or words that sounded funny in English. But since no one ever even wanted to let me hear Danish since they always wanted to practice their English with me, I hardly learned any Dansk anyway.
Hey, thanks for the response
ReplyDeleteStepwise girl; funny that you remember the car photos, I'll better give you one of the new wheels then...;-)
The chair wasn't from IKEA; probably made in the late 40s or early 50s in Mid-Norwegian town where my Dad grew up. It has no particular brand name, so it could actually have been made by the Trönder's granddad although we will never know for sure
Cath; yes, I know the blog is for me, but it's no point in clogging up the interwebs if no one gives a rats ass about it. At least that's my opinion. But it seems like people do give a rats ass so then I'm happy to continue
egf; you have more or less already answered my potential follow-up question (thanks! and your comment doesn't read funny to me, but then what do I know). I will change the settings so not all posts show on the front page; and I will do some more writing too
*Of course I will tell you; spy means vomit (verb or noun). Gee, isn't that h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s? Ahmr.
New to the blog - I like the photo blog, great way of showing everyday sorts of pictures, and some really neat ones. I forgot it was leap year!
ReplyDeleteHi Hypoglycemiagirl,
ReplyDelete(unlurking I guess) I am not a very regular visitor of your photo-weblog, but I do like it very much. I have seen a few others and am actually thinking of starting the same thing next year ;) So, I also vote 1!
I particularly like your photos of places you visit and the travels in between (I think you are travelling amazingly often)
Nina
Silver Fox and Nina; thanks for coming by saying hello and answering my question. Looks like there will be 365 for 2009.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes Nina, there will be more travelling. Maybe not to the crazy extent as in 2008, but you never know.
I check your photos often (though not necessarily daily). And I love them. So 1.
ReplyDelete>>The chair wasn't from IKEA; probably made in the late 40s or early 50s in Mid-Norwegian town where my Dad grew up. It has no particular brand name, so it could actually have been made by the Trönder's granddad although we will never know for sure
ReplyDeleteThis makes it much more interesting. Did you manage to bring it back with you? Or did you find a happy home for it?
Hi !
ReplyDeleteI'm F. Your blog you showed me few months ago in MyFrenchTown is in my favorites and i travelled on it sometimes...
It is really well-written, funny, i learn lot of things and it's also a way for me to improve my english ( lots of works there !)
I enjoy your photos even if i saw them by ten usually, not each day.
But there are often very esthetic and i like it.
so, why not going on ?
Kisses
stepwise girl; yes, I brought it with me (I have inherited my Dad's wicked car packing skillz)!
ReplyDeleteHi F,
ReplyDeleteI changed the comment a bit to protect anonymity, I hope you don't mind.
Thanks for your kind words, I'm really happy you have time to waste reading my blog once in a while!
KEEP THE PHOTO BLOG!! :) If I had enough patience, I'd try to do the same...
ReplyDeleteI vote for #1!
Mrs. D.
all right, all right I'll keep it then ;-)
ReplyDeleteWell, there will actually be a new one: 365/2009, link in my profile
Hellyes - as long as you continue taking good pictures here and there (and as I said, you occasionally do ;-) Take care, Dr D
ReplyDeleteAha, it's too late and you made the right decision anyway. Dr D
ReplyDeleteDr D; I guess I did...Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete