Saturday, 8 December 2007

Blocks of eight - things I often say

I don't have a very sofizticated language (in any language), so my eight most frequently used phrases include a high percentage of profanities. In various languages. And yes, the Goose often tells me to stop swearing. Secretely proud of it (both the swearing and that she tells me to stop).

  • Merde
  • Putain de merde
  • Scheisse
  • Fans jævla helvete (something to do with the devil in hell; in Norwegian. In Swedish, replace the " æ " with an " ä ")
  • Aldri i helvete ("Hell no"; in Norwegian)
  • For fuck's sakes
To balance a bit, I throw in a couple of less ut also a couple of other expressions (I'm not all negative)
  • Cool (with a French accent)
  • Awesome!
As I said, not very sofisticated. But I get by without offending too many people. By the way, I'll be interested in increasing my vocabulary of profanities if you'd like to leave a comment :-D

3 comments:

  1. You sound a little like a yankee with the cool and awesome. Ecogeoman makes fun of Americans by saying "cool, yeah, awesome" with an American accent. It's pretty funny. How many languages do you speak? What language(s) do you use with The Goose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the awesome I got from the Canadian dude I hang out with once in a while and cool is used in Swedish "koolt" and Norwegian "kuult". And as I said, currently with French accent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word of choice is: STEIK! or STEIKE MÆ!

    ReplyDelete