Friday, 7 December 2007

Blocks of eight - Songs

I have been tagged by Wayfarer Scientista and I'm very happy that someone reads, and says they actually appreciate my blog.

8 songs that means something to me

  • Achtung baby by U2; all of them. Reminds me of a week in Vienna back in 92 with my cousin and her friend. We played the album constantly. If I must choose; The Fly, reminder of the gigs I went to a couple of times during the 90s or Even better than the real thing (Perfecto Mix). Drunken disco nights with my cousin in Undergrad Town.
  • Notorious by Duran Duran. My first crush on a band and this was the first album with new material that was released after I detected them.
  • Lust for life by Iggy Pop. Re-discovered Iggy through the Transpotting movie. Reminds me of parties with the gang when I did my masters in Norway. The party always went through the roof when I played that one. My poor granddad who lived above me...
  • Home by Michael Bublé. Sent to me by Hypoglycemiadude some time we hadn't seen each other for a while. Very sweet. It also describes well how I feel when I'm away from everyone that matters to me.
  • Fairytale of New York by the Pogues and Kirsty McColl. Best Xmas song ever.
  • Lose yourself by Eminem. Psyching myself up for public PhD thesis defence.
  • Oh My God by A Tribe Called Quest & Busta Rhymes. Just one of the best beats ever. Or anything else by the Tribe.
  • She's a bitch by Missy Elliott. Title speaks for itself, I think.
More later

1 comment:

  1. you know, i found your blog via wayfara and am enjoying it quite a bit. and i totally understand about the appeal of 80s music and what it can do to the memory of one's soul.

    ReplyDelete