Treats
Long story short: I've been in Scotland for about a week, just starting up my fellowship at hgd's university. It's a long time since we last discussed the pros and cons of working with your boyfriend / partner / spouse / lover / sign. other on these premises, but now it's started. Not too much hassle to move this time, the only admin I've done is to get a bank account and a network user account. Been busy trying to wrap up old postdoc stuff and I have three to four manuscripts I need to get into some sort of submissable shape within the next couple of months. But it's excting (and relaxing) to be here for longer than a week. But don't think I'm stuck here; there will be travelling in March (arrgh!). But yeah, doing well!

Especially since I just received the first of the12 instalments I will receive to cover my expenses while living here. So I quite spontaneously went to town and got myself a pair of the cuties to the left (jaja, I know, I know!). And hgd will get one of these (well maybe not the knitted one, I'm too busy) for putting up with me for a week without going (entirely) nuts.
I don't really see any substantial posts coming up anytime soon, but hey, that's not really why you freaks come by here anyway is it?
Hahahaha, the knitted iPhone is awesome!!!
ReplyDeletecracked me up totally!
ReplyDeleteum. those shoes? could i wear them in the jungle? i think most definitely.
ReplyDeleteyou totally could; kind of camouflage-coloured, aren't they?
ReplyDeletethat's not really why you freaks come by here anyway is it?
ReplyDeletenope, it's for the shoes silly. :)
Glad things are going well.
Hooray for being with hgd for more than a week! Lucky, lucky you :)
ReplyDeletelove the shoes!
ReplyDeleteAnd no I'm not here for the substantial posts. I'm only here for the photos ;)
@Psych Post Doc; oh dear, do I need to post more about shoes then? I thought there was another blogger who has the monopoly for that?
ReplyDelete@Contemporary Troubadour; yes, it's very relaxing in a way to have more than the short visits. But what if hell breaks loose either at home or at work? I guess then I'll deal with it when it happens and not worrying about it now.
@Nina; the photos, the photos! I need a new camera, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are on the go! I'm happy and excited for you!
ReplyDeleteThose shoes are hot! Reminds me of designs by Vivienne Westwood.
Best wishes,
Cheryl
@Cheryl; yes they're absolutely lovely and quite comfortable too. Spanish brand Neosens which is new to me.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the shoes. *drool*
ReplyDeleteAnd I can tell you all -after having spent a couple of days getting used to them; totally worth the 100 £ I had to pay for them (the pound is worth nothing these days anyway...)
ReplyDelete