Derailleur hanger
So, hands up everyone who knows what that is.
I didn't know till about a week ago either. But apparently it's a very vital part of any bike and if it snaps you're in trouble if you're far away from home.
Remember this? I brought my bike from France to Scotland in June last year. When hgd brought it to a bike shop in the neighbourhood to have it assembled a couple of weeks ago, they informed us that the derailleur hanger had snapped.
- ??
And they couldn't find the right one in the UK.
- Uh-huh? What about getting it from abroad?
Turns out that finding and ordering the right kind of derailleur hanger was our job. After a little googling we found out that this is the one I need. Cost of the thing itself is 22 euros and shipping 19.95. So I ordered three on the spot in case my bike is out travelling again at some later stage.
Boooooooo, and also, when are you coming to London?!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI knew the derailleur but a derailleur hanger is news to me...
ReplyDeleteYou didn't! Ah but you did. At least the price of bike parts, even when ordered from abroad, is affordable. I love bike parts. (As opposed to car parts).
ReplyDeleteArduous; in May?
ReplyDeleteAlbatross; pretty small but important!
WS; I think I'm pretty neutral but I prefer someone doing the repairs for me because a) I'm ignorant, b) I'm a klutz and c) I've got other shit to do!