Too early
One of my scientific granddads* died suddenly over the weekend. As I know nothing of the cause I cannot say other than too soon - way too soon.
I get flashbacks from merry drinking sprees and good scientific discussions (in order of importance). I'm sad.
*the PhD supervisor of one of my PhD supervisors
You have my condolences.
ReplyDeleteoh, I'm sorry. A conference I attended a few months ago was dedicated to a very talented person in our field, who had also died way too soon. It's very sad.
ReplyDeleteSorry about that...
ReplyDeleteThanks guys, you're very sweet. I haven't seen the person in years, but I got a bit sentimental getting the news today.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear.
ReplyDeleteIt's crazy how we get attached to our "academic families." My condolences.
ReplyDeletealbatross; thanks for stepping by!
ReplyDeletesciencegirl; it's pretty weird isn't it? It's supposed to be only work relations and you end up loving or hating people all the time
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI guess he was then my scientific father (as he was my supervisor). I agree, way too soon. It is pretty hard to understand that he is no longer there.
Very true :-(
ReplyDelete