Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Random peripathetic silliness

Dudes, I was in Canada in August. I checked out three new Canadian provinces, two new airports and two new air plane types . Despite some restricted personal space* on the flight over the Atlantic, the trip was pretty good. Saw "Batman begins" at some point after the meal (which was a - airlinefoodwise - damn good fish dish). Funny how I - as I get older & wiser probably - tend to swoon less and less over the male character and find storylines less and less interesting**. Immigration & customs & correspondence were all uneventful***. Loved the way the YUL staff switched comfortably between their two languages. As I got a glimpse of the red sanded shores through the clouds 10 minutes before landing at YYG my heart went boom. I've wanted to go here for a long long time. 25 years or more I guess.

* Inexperienced (or just plain rude) flyer in middle seat next to me expropriated both armrests most of the time. When I wanted to get out of my chair to stretch my legs he would just turned his legs to one side and expect me get out through the very narrow area between his legs and the seats in front of us. The business class chairs looked fab. And the washrooms on the Boing were huge (mile high club anyone?)
** maybe too many male script writers in Hollywood? Not trying to pick a fight with anyone. Just sayin'.
*** except a handbag bargain; 80% off the original price! And pink!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously... the calender I had when I was just out of my parent's houses had the most beautiful photos of PEI. I have never been :'(

    but I will, someday. Maybe the same day as I will plan to go to The northwest Territories.. and Yukon - I had a friend who grew up in Yellowknife, sounded interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally worth a trip, especially if you stay away from the Anne of Green Gables circus. I guess it might've been extra bad this year because it's the 100th anniversary for the publication of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the "hello bonjour" that Canadian immigration and other government officials greet me with.

    ReplyDelete