Another reason why I like hydropneumatic suspension
Three days left of my 2.5 years in France. I spent most of my day packing up stuff in my office. I have bought so much liquids that all of my office stuff will have to be shipped (priorities, folks, proirities!). On the way home from bretagne on Saturday morning I stopped at this farm stocking up on lots of calva, cider and apple juice. The guy hwo helped me ran up and down stairs to find more bottles and boxes and did a great job packing so it would be travel safe. At some point in this almost 30 minute session I also asked if he sold glasses with their logo on it. And in the end he left one last time and returned with two boxes of six glasses each. I was a bit confused since I never really specified how many I wanted. But twelve is a great number I thought and said so. C'é 'n cadeau* he said in his short Normandie dialect.
Sweet.
*It's a gift
Your priorities sound like they are in perfect order!
ReplyDeleteJust how much of the stuff did you buy?? ;)
ReplyDeletealbatross, indeed, there's nothing wrong with my priorities when it comes to liquid goodies!
ReplyDeleteIt might be expensive to ship my office stuff considering that neither my current employer nor my new uni pays for anything.
stepwise; around 250€. And a lot of praise how much I like their 4 year old calva and how perfect their 37.5 cl bottles are as presents!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Albatross. Excellent priorities. It's amazing what a little bit of flattery can get you, isn't it? :-)
ReplyDeleteHGG> I think it sounds perfectly good. He sold a lot of bottles and then you wanted glasses with his logo on (more PR and goodies) and then of course, you're a certain nationality speaking French and he is a French man :)
ReplyDelete(i don't have any prejudice...nahh... but in this case I must say it has always worked like that for me. French men when I spoke french to them has always had somewhat glazed over eyes... ;) )
Safe travel!! And I hope you find assprof (lektor?) a good place!
amanda; I find it hard to flatter when I don't really mean it, but in this case I was dead serious - their 4 yo calva rocks my world.
ReplyDeletechall; not lektor - foass (see, ass even in Swedish!). I'll post some new job posts as soon as I get there.
Greetings. By now you'll have moved but just wanted to wish you well on this next adventure.
ReplyDelete