Friday, 11 July 2008

Opening a new bottle

I used to read blog posts in my Google reader. Until I realized that by doing that and only that I'll miss everybody's personal touch to their blogs. So a few weeks ago I started reading every post I'm interested in going to the blog itself. And then I realize that Blogger's new blogrolling feature where you can see how long time since there has been a new post on each and every post is slightly depressing if you're in a dry spell.

So I see it's been three weeks. Arrrgh!
Everyone is going to forget about me if I don't post regularly! I have posted photos on my other blog but that's an easy way out because I don't write too much. I come up with a couple of posts every day in my head but I'm usually too busy/distracted/lazy/unsure/self-conscious to type them.

Too much thinking going on in my life right now. Too much planning. To much cleaning up after other people's mistakes. If it had been only the self-inflicted things to worry about - like moving out of my France flat the week before my network's annual workshop and I should be preparing two presentations instead of washing floors, windows and bathtub - I could've dealt with it. But when I get a handful of "oh, it's not my fault, I didn't work here at the time, the Habla office did the error in the first place and need to fix it, but you will have to sort it out" issues to deal with at the same time I find it slightly difficult to keep my head above water. I could write quite a few posts about the various rounds I've had with tax authorities blaming each other for mistakes that everybody has contributed to but no-one seem to be responsible for cleaning up. Meanwhile I have a gigantic tax bill (from 2006) on my table - money that has already been paid but to the wrong place. Maybe I'll do that at some point. When it's all sorted out and my head is less full. Or maybe I have now let the cork out of a new champagne bottle and it will start flowing again for awhile. Hmm, champagne, me wants it. Right now. No, wait till Monday when it's national day and fireworks and everydody's happy. Including me (that's an order!).

And yeah, every gory detail you've heard about French administration is true.
And yeah 2, another quite pointless post. Why do I even f***ing bother? It's probably time to go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God, your note to commenters cracked me the fuck up! Do you have a lot of people ask if you have a medical condition? That's kinda rude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I get some medical advice once in a while. I've published one, but the rest I've just deleted.

    And I really really felt like using the f-word yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't forget you! But I know what you mean - I had the same worries when I went on a blogging hiatus for about a month. But you remembered :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WS; thanks, that's nice to know!

    ReplyDelete