Friday, 9 May 2008

Belated shuffle meme

ScienceGirl tagged me for the shuffle meme a couple of weks ago, but not too much time to get it done before now. Since everyone already did it, you're probably all tired of guessing, but I'll try it anyway. #14 is for the Swedes out there, otherwise I skipped all the non-English ones.

Rules revisited

Step 1: Put your MP3 player (or whatever) on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play.
Step 3: Post and let everyone guess the song and artist.
Step 4: Bold (or whatever) when someone gets them right.
Step 5: Googling is for whimps.

1. It's like a flag at half mast as frames click fast
2. May I have your attention please? (Real Slim Shady - Eminem; CAE)
3. I take a couple uppers

4. Brother, brother, brother, Lucien, you're like no other
Lucien - A Tribe Called Quest; Sophia
5. Train, train gonna take him on out of this town

6. It was Christmas Eve, babe, in the drunk tank
(Fairytale of NY - Pogues & Kirsty McColl; CAE)
7. Question, what is it that everybody has and some pirates and theives try to take?
8. Things just ain't the same for gangsters
9. Genius to fall asleep to your tape last night (Headphones - Björk; Stepwise Girl )
10. How ya doin, honey, baby?
11. Bubblin' from the left
12. Here comes Johnny Yen again (Lust for Life - Iggy Pop; CAE)
13. On either side the river lie ("Something with" -c'mon girls, what's the title? Haven't you read/watched Anne of Green Gables? - Loreena McKennit; Defiantmuse)
14. När jag var nyfödd slog morsan maken, för han var skyldig till saken
15. Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder (Ray of light - Madonna; Defiantmuse)
16. See them walking hand in hand across the bridge at midnight
17. In the distance she saw me comin' 'round
18. I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain (Bring the pain - Method Man; Sciencegirl)
19. From the hands it came down
20. You cut me down a tree (Swallowed by the sea - Coldplay; Defiantmuse)
21. Another summer day has come and gone away
22. See it coming at my head I'm not running I'm not scared
23. It's so relieving to know that you're leaving as soon as you get paid
24. Once again the powers of the herb open up the mind
25. We used to be number 10

I don't know who has already done this (my meme memory lasts maybe max seven minutes), except I think maybe Transient Reporter hasn't (sorry if I'm wrong and too lazy to check)? And everyone else who hasn't done it yet; I'm not tired of guessing so go ahead! Shuffle!

22 comments:

  1. Ooh, so good to see another one of these. Especially when I know two right off the bat.

    #2 is the Real Slim Shady by Eminem
    #6 is Fairy Tale of New York City by the Pogues and Kirsty McColl

    #14 is on the tip of my tongue (not).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good 2 & 6, but c'mon; have you no appreciation for independent high quality awesome Swedish hiphop? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be a duplicate post, I got a weird error message.

    I'll be sure to check the song out when someone gets the answer! My knowledge of Swedish music goes: Abba, Roxette (I loved Roxette), Ace of Bass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, since the lyrics are hard to get for nonscandinavians I guess a lot of the point is lost. If I get inspired & find the time, I may try a translation...

    But that's one of the great things about non-anglophone hiphop, getting the kids to appreciate their own language!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ace of Bace was pretty bad, and the worst thing is they're out again touring. Apparently being dead serious and with a complete lack of humour regarding their current age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh c'mon, All That She Wants is a classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, I haven't done it. And I've come to realize that I'm very bad at the guessing...

    But I did do the Library Thing meme!

    TR

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know 12 but can't come up with the specifics...

    ReplyDelete
  9. DF; I'll give you a hint - Trainspotting

    ReplyDelete
  10. TR; yes, your comments to the books were excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cae; All That She Wants is now looping in my head and I won't be able to get rid of it for a few days. doh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 9. is Björk and Headphones (that's the title, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. stepwise; that's right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm gonna take that clue even though it wasn't for me, and say #12 is Lust for Life by Iggy Pop. You can delete this comment if you thought that was unfair!

    And I had All That She Wants in my head for a few hours after that comment too! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CAE; totally correct and whoever gets the hint first...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and CAE, I am now in desperate need of a song to stop "All that she wants" from replaying in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sciencegirl, you're right it's Method Man, the title is in the first line as well

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi there, stumble upon your blog randomly (isn't that how it always happens?) anyhoo, #4 is A Tribe Called Quest! i love that song. i once had a computer named lucien. :) love the writing, will come back often. i'm gonna do this thingamabob too, stop on by and try your hand at my list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome Sophia!

    Then you should know # 7 as well...

    ReplyDelete
  20. duuude. quite a random mix of tunes, eh? lol.

    13. something by Loreena McKennit
    15. Ray of Light - Madonna
    20. Swallowed in the sea - Coldplay

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes, that meme rocks. All correct, but the title? Tthe title!

    ReplyDelete