Pretty damn good day
I had an unusually productive day today, I can't remember the last time I actually focused on one task for most of the day without doing all kinds of other things in between.
The task at hand was a manuscript from my previous postdoc that has been sent to three different journals; bounced twice, reviewed and rejected from the third. Looks like my co-author/advisor aimed a bit too high... I wasn't very happy with the ms in it's previous state but haven't really had the energy to sit down and really do something about it. Mainly because it is not my main area of interest but also because my current project is challenging enough. So it's been on my desk for too long, it's time to get it off my hands.
I feel like re-doing the analyses my own way and produce some kick-ass figures but I'm honestly not sure if it's worth the time. I think I'll just finish the discussion and send it off to my co-authors.
Even had time to go running AND revise the introduction of another co-authored paper after getting home. How did I all of a sudden become so effective? I usually procrastinate my life away. Probably back to normal tomorrow.
I have random spates of productivity as well. They never last long enough...
ReplyDeleteAw shucks... did you really miss me?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job, Hypogal!!! I haven't been writing, but I've been keeping up.
Transient Reporter
I'm back!!! (sort of)...
YAY! He's back! He's BACK!
ReplyDelete