Saturday, 19 April 2008

Pigs!

The Trönder & Miss J have bought two piglets and - despite them being female - they're named after two of the Trönder's male friends (names of course withheld). Miss J won't eat meat from animals not treated well; these piglets will be fairly treated and put in the freezer some time in the autumn. They've made a little space for them in their garden and the Goose was about to go and feed them when I called her today. I wondered what she thought about them and the conversation went something like this

hgg: So, do you think they're cute?

goose: Oh yes, very cute. We have one pink and one spotty

hgg: Don't you think it will be difficult to eat them since they are so cute?

goose: Meh! We'll eat them in the autumn when they're big, fat and ugly.

Good thing this is not applicable to humans. I'd be in trouble.

3 comments:

  1. She is definitely a funny one that Goose. She must get her sense of humor from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope she won't turn out as self-deprecating as I am. But yes, she has a great sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest logic ever! I have a little niece who says the funniest things that make sense too.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete