Goodies are good for the first day and a half. After that I start craving fruit!
Has anyone ever been to a conference at the big convention centre in LA? When I was there in 2003 the cafeteria was overpriced and unhealthy beyond belief, and closed ridiculously early. The only 2 eating venues in walking distance were constantly full and eating there meant missing most of the evening session. My hotel was in a very scary area of downtown LA and I didn't dare walk as far as the corner store to stock up on food for the day. I thought I was going to starve to death!
There's fruit as well. And the breakfast buffet is fab. And we have the choice of 8 different types of coffee...wicked! Generally very happy with colleague's haphazard choice of hotel!
CAE, you'll be happy to know that downtown LA has picked up a lot since then. One of my closest friends lives in downtown and it has really gentrified in the past few years.
oh, that looks good. Not to mention the idea of having more than 3 types of coffee, which I assume all of them are considered coffee and not the "american stuff" ;) (sorry but I long for proper coffee everyonce in a while).
hope you have a great time and that the future is good! When are you moving?
I want to go to that conference! All I ever get from the conferences I go to are tacky T-shirts or ugly bags.
ReplyDeleteYum!!
ReplyDeleteGoodies are good for the first day and a half. After that I start craving fruit!
ReplyDeleteHas anyone ever been to a conference at the big convention centre in LA? When I was there in 2003 the cafeteria was overpriced and unhealthy beyond belief, and closed ridiculously early. The only 2 eating venues in walking distance were constantly full and eating there meant missing most of the evening session. My hotel was in a very scary area of downtown LA and I didn't dare walk as far as the corner store to stock up on food for the day. I thought I was going to starve to death!
There's fruit as well. And the breakfast buffet is fab. And we have the choice of 8 different types of coffee...wicked! Generally very happy with colleague's haphazard choice of hotel!
ReplyDeleteCAE, you'll be happy to know that downtown LA has picked up a lot since then. One of my closest friends lives in downtown and it has really gentrified in the past few years.
ReplyDeleteIs this in Holland? Not the European country most reknown for its food... salty sweets :-p although their stroopwafels are very yummy!
ReplyDeleteoh, that looks good. Not to mention the idea of having more than 3 types of coffee, which I assume all of them are considered coffee and not the "american stuff" ;) (sorry but I long for proper coffee everyonce in a while).
ReplyDeletehope you have a great time and that the future is good! When are you moving?
not really sure when I'll be moving, it's still in the negotiation phase...I'll post when I'm sure
ReplyDelete