Monday, 4 February 2008

Please, someone tell me this is a hoax.

Men presidents only

I think that having a woman president would be a bad idea for our country. Women are not meant to rule countries and be in charge. They are meant to make decisions but not confirm them.

Our president deals with some countries that don't respect or allow women in leadership positions. I wonder if the United States would have more terrorist attacks because we would be seen as weak with a woman leader. I agree that women can do many things, but leave the ruling of the countries to the men.

BRITTANY BAYLES, 13, Kennewick

via Feministing

12 comments:

  1. wow, from a 13-year-old. Who brainwashed her?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is really sad and she's only 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I don't think it's a joke. People actually feel like that. Witness the ginormous deal people make out of Hillary "crying."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. That makes me really really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you think it's COOL that a 13 year old HAS an opinion - granted it's NOT POPULAR AND RATHER narrow - but your republishing it is a sign that it's although faulty - maybe something that's unique. A 13 year old that CARES about politics - we have HOPE!

    This girl has not bothered with India's PM - etc. who was/are women - how about Butto - sorry can't spell - Condolisa Rice?

    She just doesn't LIKE Hillary - she's just attacking her sex instead! :)
    But an opinion I can respect her expressing it ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bevy, thanks for passing by!

    If it really IS her opinion, I feel extremely sorry for her having such a low esteem of her own gender, and also sorry for her head when it crashes into the glass ceiling in 15 years if she's (hopefully) changed her mind about women being able to rule the country and figured out she wants to go into politics. But yes sure, she obviously has the right to say whatever she wants at any time.

    Even if your assumption is correct, that she doesn't "like" Hillary, she generalizes saying that ANY woman president would be bad for the country. That is what I sincerely hoped was a hoax just to piss thinking women off. Because frankly, that's so very sad. I would've had so much more hope for the future of politics if Brittany Bayles from Kennewick could have expressed that she wanted the next elected worlds most powerful dude to be a gal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that really is her opinion, she's not going to hit a glass ceiling in 15 years--she'll be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Sadly, I know grown women who share that opinion. Not surprisingly, they're all married to assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A 15 yr old I know said that she thought a woman presitent could be bad. "One bad period and she'd start a war." I told her I think Clinton is past all that. I'd take a post-menepausal(sp) woman president any day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, you seem assume that all women are hormonal victims once a month. Would you assume that all men are testosterone victimes trying to hump everyone they can get (or take) access to? Wouldn't you assume that some men can control their urge (that there are some variation among men)? Wouldn't you similarly assume that some women might be able to resist their hormonal fluctuations and whatever moodswings that may cause(that there are variation among women)?

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Leave the ruling of the countries to the men."

    Oh my goodness. That's a terrible joke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this IS the Internet. That "13 year old girl" could very well be a 36 year old man in disguise...I hope.

    ReplyDelete