Sunday, 16 December 2007

Good news from UK

I read in the Guardian today that a business trust is looking for sites where a "Christian showplace to challenge the theory if evolution" can be built. The plan is to make a giant multimedia showpark because

"Evolution has falsely become the foundation of our society and we need the television studio to advocate Genesis across this land in order to remove this falsehood, which presently is destroying the church foundation."
Luckily they haven't been very successful in finding a location.

The theme park's anti-evolution bias and its emphasis on Genesis has raised eyebrows among planning officials, according to Jones, who originally wanted to build the park at the site of an old B&Q store but was refused permission by the council.

Excellent. I like that council.

'Wigan council slammed the door in our faces. You mention the C [Christian] word, and people don't want to know,' Jones said.

Silly me. I thought the C-word meant something else.

3 comments:

  1. it's almost as if there isn't even a good comment to something like this...i mean, whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know the fundamentalists were spreading to Europe. sorry. At least they have the sense to barr creationist museums, unlike here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite new bumper sticker "What schools need is a moment of science" (as opposed to prayer which the US Christian right would like)

    ReplyDelete