Friday, 16 November 2007

Sunrise over Calvados

Back in Normandie this week I decided to do something about exercise. So Tuesday I biked to work and got the most amazing sunrise before the sun disappeared into the clouds and it was rainy all day. Since it gets dark here between five and six in the afternoon, I haven't biked home, so my bike is still at work. I have lights and reflexes, but I don't really trust the French drivers. Even during daytime I don't take the mainroad where people drive like crazy (me included probably). Instead I spend an extra 15 minutes going on smaller roads through the countryside. It's just gorgeous, it takes about 45 minutes and I'm happy the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Taking the scenic route is always worth it, isn't it? I always take it and everyone thinks I'm crazy but hey, it's a cheap way to increase my happiness in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and in my case, higher chance of getting to work alive!

    ReplyDelete