Tuesday, 13 November 2007

It seems to be coming closer

It's very long time since I was so happy to return to France as I was on Sunday. Today I got it back in my face with another reminder about the pain of living away from family. My flatmate just left for Paris to go by plane to somewhere on the Balkan tomorrow morning. His grandfather is dying. I know, if something happens, my family is only a day of travel away. But when something happens, it may already be too late.

3 comments:

  1. How I dread that "serious" phone call coming from home! I wish it never comes. I'm halfway around the globe from them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's not fun to think about because sooner or later that phone call will come. But hey, we live in a world where we can travel and live wherever we want and that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's something which makes it hard to go away... and it might keep me from going trans-big-ocean (among other things, though). Fortunately for me, when I got such a phone call a year ago, I got home in time.

    ReplyDelete