So far survived Holland
After surviving the storm in the North Sea, the Dutch dikes were good enough, I also survived first of two nights out in Amsterdam. After eating at a Portugese restaurant by the Amstel canal ( I had a fantastic dish with goat, potatoes and olives), we went to the Cantinero a latin music club. Since I'm pretty lousy at sancing salsa, I made a complete fool of myself trying to dance with the guys inviting me. But who cares when tipsy?
When my host was tired of trying to teach me how to salsa (hopeless case apparently), we went to a hilarious place called the Moscow Discow. Lots of red stars hanging from the ceiling, stoned people lying around in sofas on a balcony and techno music. It was fun. (Un)Fortunately we missed the Dirty princess show. Maybe that's why there was a very male dominated sex-ratio?
I also survived biking drunk in ice cold rain on an old bike in high heels & short skirt (part of the Amsterdam experience my host kindly informed me). A very drunk & slightly stoned (even though it may be part of the Ams experience, that's a thing I'm happy to be without) host asked me to find the way home since he couldn't remember. I took us 90 degrees wrong so I was pretty mad when we had to go another 10 minutes in the freezing rain and it turnes out he's just trying to be funny. He thought it hilarious for some cronic reason.
In bed by some time after 5 am, breakfast by 4 pm and now we're warming up for an evening Melkweg to see the Donnas in concert. Hope they do a lot of their old stuff, their new albums are good but much more streamlined than the early ones which are great teenagegaragepunk. I so look forward to a hangovered train nine-hour travel from Amsterdam Central to Normandie tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment