Friday, 23 November 2007

Pre-travel "I-have-to-do-everything-before -leaving" evening

This is one of those nights where I should have gone to bed long time ago since I have to get up (really) early, but have too much to do before leaving. Yeah, yeah, I'm travelling again. Scotland this time. Right now I wish I'd stay at home to continue working on my data analyses since there has been a major breakthrough this week, but this was of course planned long ago. Visiting Hypoglycemiadude and will give a seminar as well as a lecture for the course he's teaching. Have to make a good impression in case there are vacancies in the future and nothing is finished yet both are on Monday. Working best under pressure? Not so sure. I do know where to find power outlets on my way to charge computer; Starbucks @ St Lazare and in one (1) restaurant at Terminal 1 at CdG. That terminal is useless if you have work to do. So if you're close to St. Lazare right after 10 tomorrow morning, you'll probably see me there frantically playing with PowerPoint.

Apparently strike is sort of over, just in time so I can get myself and my laptop to CdG without having to drive my car. Well, after picking up one of my colleagues we'll have to drive from our Small Town to Larger Town since some of the trains are still not back on track. But from Larger Town we're fine apparently. Except that I don't have any tickets for the train yet. Bought tickets online but when I went to the train station this afternoon to pick them up, my card didn't work. Magnetic stripe troubles I guess. So I have no tickets, only a print-out from Gmail with a note from the dude at the train station saying that my card didn't work. He could see my file, that the tickets were paid and all, but he couldn't print them without a functioning card. Funny they don't have a back-up solution. Credit cards do die once in a while.

My colleague is going south for some really important business which for the moment is totally unbloggable. If she's successful it will make her life much easier. I wish her all the luck in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment