Monday, 5 November 2007

Next trip

It's 5 hours till my alarm will wake me up again, and I should be sleeping. I have packed my bags, remembered to bring keys, tickets, passport, gadgets and workstuff. I have gotten used to the thought of spending the next 45 days without the Goose. I'm ready to go but for the first time in a long while, I don't feel like travelling.

I'm headed for the Netherlands for a workshop on two really cool projects with some really nice people and I'll spend the weekend in Amsterdam. Sounds great but now I just want to skip it. I have too many projects going on at the same time. Hopefully tomorrow morning at takeoff I get the feeling of childish excitement back again. Or I'll just start thinking about all the CO2 emissions I cause. Even though I'm pretty sure the flights would have taken place without me if I had decided to stop air travel.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, you're being too hard on yourself feeling guilty about carbon emissions you're not responsible for. same guilt trip when i was small, when my mother would tell me to finish the food on the plate as the children in africa had nothing to eat. when i was bold/big enough, i retorted back, "well whether i finish or not my food, they would be starving anyway." and she stopped nagging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but we're talking tragedy of the commons here. Everybody thinks that everybody else is doing it so therefore I can do it too. That's also why soon there's no more fish left in our oceans.

    ReplyDelete