Blocks of eight - passions
I will finish the blocks of eight meme the next few days. Here are eight passions
- My family. My parents who are always supportive, my brother who has a great sense of humour and fun to hang out with, the Goose who is the best "oops" I ever made, my aunts and uncles and grandparents.
- Hypoglycemiadude. I had no idea I would be capable of loving so passionately.
- My friend(s). I have lots of aquaintances and friends, but not many really close friends. To be honest I only have one. I see her way too seldom but she lives close to my parents so I usually see her when I see them.
- Cross-country skiing. Well-prepared skis, tracks in a coniferous forest and -5 degrees is a perfect anti-stress treatment. Too bad there's no snow where I spend most of my time.
- Clothes. Have quite a lot, but unfortunately many of them are currently too small... I'm more of a quantity than a quality person since I like variation. You'll see me in baggy jeans and sneakers one day and in a suit & high heels the next. When I become rich I'll buy a house or flat with a walk-in wardrobe.
- Single malts. Guess my favourite!
- Gothic cathedrals (said the atheista). I was very close to tears when visiting Notre Dame in Paris for the first time in 2005 (despite all the tourists). Painfully beautiful.
- The sea. The fresh smell of salt water, the smell of rotting seaweed, see the sun rise, see the sea meet the sky. The calm, the storms, the lightning bolts in the horizon. I will some day have to find another home with an ocean view.
- Travelling. Or maybe it's become more of an addiction than a passion?
Single malts, eh? Talisker? Our household revolves around Bruichladdich, Highland Park, Dalwhinnie and Caol Ila.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
I am in exactly the same boat re. friends. exactly.
ReplyDelete