The Goose rocks
Science Mama wonders how the Goose did on her first flight as unacompanied minor. She did great. Every time I spoke to her on the phone up till a couple of hours before her flight it was "scary!". However, as soon as they got to Eastern Swedish Airport she was totally calm and relaxed and grown-up and focused on the task. The same when I met her at Easter Norwegian Airport after the one-hour flight. Not the usual running-towards-me-hugging-like-crazy, but more like "I bought Pringles for my own money, and it was not scary at all and I can probably do it again if you want". She was calm and grown up for another five minutes till she found some other kids at an airport playground and then she was all like she normally is; eager to find friends, running around, climbing and chatting.The Goose telling the Trønder that everything went fine
Unfortunately, hopefully, probably she will have to do the unaccompanied minor trip again. I cannot really tell which I prefer. Hopefully because in my current situation it helps me a great deal that she can fly to meet me if I want to take her somewhere outside Sweden (and if you have followed my blog for a while, you know I will...). Probably because my life will likely be all over Europe for another couple of years. Unfortunately because that means I spend most of my time away from her and I would like the situation to be different. I guess I just have to get more publications so I can get a job somewhere closer. I'm working on it.
We did not get too much time together; two and a half days since I left for France early Wednesday morning. I left her with my parents who absolutely love to have her around even though she can be quite an active handfull. They are now driving her back to Sweden. Did I mention they rock too? Anyhoo, it won't be too long till I see her again; the next two weekends as well as her school holiday week in the beginning of November. Good for us, not so good for work.
Hey! Commenting back!
ReplyDeleteWow, she is a brave little girl. I still am uncomfortable flying by myself.