Tuesday, 31 July 2007

Balance II

The most difficult part of my highly unbalanced life is to get enough exercise. In addition to being generally lazy, there are always "more important" things on my todo list; more administrative paper work, more analyses to do, more papers to read, more manuscripts to write and more travels to plan. Despite the fact that I always do better when I exercise regularly, I cannot seem to get it on the high priority list. This inevitably leads to sleeplessness, breathlessness and clothes that don't fit and I'm sick of it.

July has been a relatively good month for exercise, but then I've been on holiday. The last few days I've borrowed Hypoglycemiadude's bike and climbed some hills in the Scottish Highlands. Magnificent! What do I do to keep up the good work when I go back to the lab in France next week? Or when I go to Sweden for work in mid-August? I'll keep you posted on progress if there is any.

No comments:

Post a Comment