Monday, 4 June 2007

Leaving soon

I thought I'd be mostly stressed out about traveling again, but I'm totally excited about it. Actually I have already started my travel; I went from my small town to stay the night at my boss' house in the city since we have a really early departure tomorrow (no trains that early from my town). Well since it's past midnight it's actually later today. We'll take the train from Normandie to Gare St Lazare in Paris and take the RER to Gare du Nord. But instead of taking the train through the northern Parisian suburbs towards Charles de Gaulle as I usually do, we'll get on the Eurostar and go to London. Totally cool since I have spent embarassingly little time on the British Isles:
-two weeks in Scotland back in the days in '87 (holiday with parents)
-one week in London in '90
-one and a half days in Dublin for a job interview in '05 (didn't get the job)
-three days in Scotland in February '07 to help Hypoglycemiadude find a flat

When I left the train station in my home town today, there were people preparing for the D-day anniversary (must be the 62nd this year, I reckon?); old military vehicles and people in old uniforms. And a dude in military jacket & kilt playing the bagpipe. I'm mentally well prepared to go to Scotland. Better go to bed now so I can get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment