Assprof, Part X: So you thought I'd settle down now, huh?
Not very likely. From my office I can in the distance see departures from my home airport. And driving to work when the sky is clear I see the queue of airplanes taking the big turn over the eastern part of my county lining up for descent. You'd think I'd be happy that I'm not in one of them, finally being able to settle down. But I think the last four years have permanently damaged my centre of attention and the one for peace and quiet. I do appreciate being in the same place as the Goose. I do sometimes get slightly nauseous when thinking about the hassle of packing siutcase and checking for passport, keys and credit cards. As I drove the Trønder, Fireworks and his Mom to the airport on Tuesday morning I was happy I wasn't going anywhere. But sometimes I cannot wait to get back out there again. So Friday this week I'll take advantage of autumn school holidays, drop the Goose off in OSL where my Mom will pick her up and then head for ZRH. But that's more or less like home.
A thought just struck me. Since I left my snowboard in Prof W's attic last winter, maybe I should find a Swiss glacier and start the winter season early? Fucking brilliant idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment