Assprof, Part IV: The schedule, or no wonder I was tired
15.12 Shopping for edible gifts in Normandie. Packing very heavy suitcase
16.12 Writing and submitting grant proposal for a medium-sized grant*. Done by midnight
17.12 After midnight trying to produce figures to present at workshop with Guru and lots of other smart people the next day. Software keeps crashing on me. I give up around 02.30. Get up around 0530 to shower, eat a little. 07.15 boss picks me up half an hour late (could have spent those 30 min in bed...). Drive two hours to workshop town. I start writing talk while others listen to PhD defence and eat lunch. Boss gives feedback during the day. Give my first ever modelling talk in a racing speed because I'm nervous. Not a very good job, but it's a start. Lots of good questions and comments afterwards, including from the Guru himself as well as some of the research institute bigwigs. Dinner at seafood restaurant in the evening. I feel like getting drunk but don't.
18.12 Spending the day being on the one hand interested in the talks and the other hand extremely annoyed about the lack of organization. Most of the talks goes way beyond the limit of 15 minutes and nobody keeps track of the time**. Take the TGV to Paris in the evening to spend the night in my usual hotel at CDG.
19.12 Flight to Sweden. Rented a car at the airport, home around 3 pm, did some grocery shopping, collected some mail from the post-office. From 5 pm prepared for interview.
20.12 Job interview early in the morning. Met the Goose around noon. Did some shopping and went home. Did some laundry while the Goose met some little friends who lives in other flats in our house. Packed for holidays.
21.12 Got up early (again) for flight to Norway. Stress at CPH to make connecting flight. So no time for shopping at Accessorize / Monsoon which is our favourite thing to do after they closed down the ballroom (Goose very annoyed with that). Mom picked us up at SmallAirport. Home!
* and I got it!
**seems to be a feature of workshops and meetings in that country. Everyone really likes to talk and it's not polite to interrupt...
No comments:
Post a Comment