Ha, you norwegians are just so slow... unlike us Finns ;) In Finland, women got the right to vote already in 1906, and the same year the first female members of parliament were elected :) p.s. I new the answer, I'm just too slow... hmm... wait a second... is there a flaw in my logic...? ;)
Women got the right to vote?
ReplyDeleteIs that when Christiana became Oslo? (A pure guess, and probably a very embarrassingly wrong one)
ReplyDeleteI Googled after guessing and, if it's what I think it is (I couldn't find the actual day, just the year), I was waaaay wrong.
ReplyDeleteThat was pretty early! Way to go Norway!
Good morning everyone!
ReplyDeleteyes, arduous!
CAE; I'm kinda impressed that you know that it used to be Christiania!
Mh. That's way earlier than my country, but if what I just read on the web is correct, Norway was quite early.
ReplyDeleteHa, you norwegians are just so slow... unlike us Finns ;) In Finland, women got the right to vote already in 1906, and the same year the first female members of parliament were elected :)
ReplyDeletep.s. I new the answer, I'm just too slow... hmm... wait a second... is there a flaw in my logic...? ;)
yay, Finland. I knew Norway wasn't first. Anyone knows who was first?
ReplyDeleteI can't remember how I know that, but it might be thanks to Roald Dahl's autobiography.
ReplyDelete