Friday, 7 March 2008

I want this to end. Right now.

Checked the HM online shop just recently and I stumbled over these. Why do the fashion industry keep on torturing us with skinny trousers? They look awful unless you're at a dangerously low BMI and even then they look bad. So that leads me to a related question; why do fat chicks insist on wearing them AND stuff them into knee high boots (blæ!)? I'm not exactly model thin myself but at least I have the decency to not force my flab into these monstrosities.

The colour is nice though.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I hate these! They make people look stumpy. I'm inclined to call them carrot pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrot pants, that's a good description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work with someone who insisted on stuffing herself into clothes that were 2 sizes too small, thankfully before the days of skinny pants. When asked about it (not by me!), she said that was just her style. There's not much one can say in response to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate these, too! They make anyone who has hips look absolutely hideous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh but those high waist jeans are much worse than skinny jeans. BLECH. Why must jean fashion get worse and worse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They'd be perfect if I could just lose 60 pounds by St Patrick's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess, I'm a little different than you gals. I've always like my jeans painted on. Since I was 14, which is a long time ago. Especially in the months after having had a child (I have 3 now) this was a bit of a problem, and some I could never fit in anymore. Will I get chased out of here if I say it's just my style?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, Makita, thanks for passing by. Nope, no one will be chased out of here except religious nutcases (they've never been much of a problem to be honest!).

    I will defend your right to wear whatever you want and if you look at the bottom of my blog, you'll se that I'm not always super serious :-*

    ReplyDelete