Tired of baby food
Since I woke up in Copenhagen Wednesday morning the week before last week, I haven't been able to chew anything harder than yoghurt. For some %ù*µ&ing reason the right side of my jaw is out of place, shape or something and it @è#µ*ing hurts every time I chew, yawn, brush teeth or when someone punches me in the ear. I thought it was ear infection at first, but I never have ear infections. I thought I was grinding my teeth too much at night because of stress but it wasn't any worse in the morning than during the day when I could potentially control my facial muscles. And, no, I haven't, as some assclown suggested, given too many bjs lately. I did fall when snowboarding a few days before but not that bad as far as I can remember.
No time to see a doctor in CPH, no doctor's office open during weekends (I assumed) and too busy the first few days at work. Until I had enough Thursday last week, googled some French anatomical vocabulary and got myself an appointment for Friday. She couldn't do more for me than to confirm what I already knew; no ear infection, no new wisdom teeth and probably something to do with the joint. I was also generously offered a prescription for some "homeopathy". I was about to yell and swear at her before I realized that I think the French calls all kinds of alternative medicine homeopathy. I said whatever in the polite French way and she gave me a phone number to an osteopath who I will see tomorrow.
I haven't got my prescribed drugs yet and I never probably will. Still my jaw has improved a bit over the weekend. I can now eat bananas without having to use a spoon to get small mouthfulls. I can yawn without too much pain. And I can't even credit Dr. Placebo.
I think the assclown deserves to be punched in the ear! Hope it's all better now.
ReplyDelete