Monday, 19 November 2007

I love this country

They have so many modern ideas here. Like strikes for instance. This is an excellent tool to use when you're unhappy about your life (feeling a little too poor before Xmas). The great thing about strikes is that only the people in power (e.g. the politicians) are affected by this and innocent third-party people who has nothing to do with it, experience no inconvenience whatsoever. From IHT today

The country faces chaos and paralysis Tuesday when many teachers, hospital workers, tax agents, bank tellers, postmen, telecommunications, airport and other public-sector workers, even weathermen, are set to stage a one-day strike in a separate protest over salaries and job cuts.

French lawyers and judges are scheduled to strike next week to protest structural changes that could eliminate 200 courts. Tobacco shop owners are planning to protest over the country's new anti-smoking law.

I'm glad I don't smoke. It would be a freakin' nightmare if the tobacco shops are closed tomorrow in protest against those horrible anti-smoking laws.


3 comments:

  1. oh! Gotta love those strikes! I got caught in the airport ones - yuck. What a mess. But the soldiers looked like they were having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was browsing BBC news this morning and saw this, "Huge new strike paralyses France." I was like, oh, what a surprise! you really gotta love that country! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tobaccationists' anti-anti-smoking strike is funny indeed!

    ReplyDelete