How do I get to CdG in a week?
Seems like the grève will go on for a while. And I seriously hope that Sarko will have the balls to carry on with the reforms. Who needs to retire at 50 nowadays? Miners maybe. Professional deep-sea divers probably. If I were a daycare teacher, I'd probably retire as soon as possible. But train conductors don't shuffle coal anymore; they push buttons. They can probably do that till at least 53.
Anyhoo, I'm going to Scotland next week and I need to get to the airport. Start biking now maybe? With 300 km queues on the roads towards Paris, there is not much point in driving. Which reminds me, I have an undergrad lecture and a scientific seminar talk to write before that.
Update: to be perfectly clear; I'm totally pro-Sarko in this matter, but I'm not particularly happy with what he's doing to certain other groups of people in this country
Good luck! The rest of Europe (+expats) is with Sarko as well: Our own railway employees are starting to get ideas. (Anyway, just compare a train conductor to a truck driver to see who's got a rough deal!)
ReplyDeleteMy Word verification is 'jqenhats', that's funny.