Tuesday, 23 October 2007

Why did we ever leave this city?

No field work today since das Wetter was lausig. After a good day of other work, we took the tram down to Bellevue, having curry & Tsingtao at the Globus café, then watching The Bourne Ultimatum at Corso.

Swiss movie theatres have this odd idea to have a break halfways through the movie. When I lived here I found it pretty annoying since it usually is at some place in the movie where it just doesn't fit. Today it was a nostalgic part of the Swiss experience and just enough time to get the bartender downstairs make us a mohito and a caiprinha, pour the drinks into plastic cups so we could bring them back to the movie. Hypoglycemiadude happy since there were explosions, Hypoglycemiagirl happy since there was Matt Damon.

A stroll along the Limmat to Central and a sudden craving for chocolate brought us to the Sprüngli shop at the Hauptbahnhof to get some confiserie. The smell of chocolate when entering through the sliding doors was as usual amazing.

4 comments:

  1. You said that just like I would.
    I just found out that there is going to be a HBO Follow up on "The Bourne"
    series. For more information and to leave your comments please Go
    Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...chocolat! mums! that picture is delectable. strange swiss thing about film showing having a pause in between. do they think it is like an opera or something where the cast needs some bit of a rest? how long is the pause btw? enough for a cigarette stick i hope...(not that i'm a smoker)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dunno, 15 minutes maybe? the reason is I guess to make people spend money buying stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 minutes?! wow that's long enough for me to forget what the movie was about :0

    ReplyDelete