I'm in awe
I spent half a day at school with the Goose and if I ever had any thoughts about being a primary school teacher (I don't think I ever did), that was forever deleted from my alternative careers list. My goodness, what a patience those people possess!
The class the Goose is in has 13 kids and all of them except one know each other from daycare. They know each other very well and and are very good friends, but the dynamics of the group in certain situations can be pretty rough. On the one hand they are teasing and nagging each other but on the other hand they citisize when someone does or says something bad, but not in a constructive way. This is probably due to incompetent previous daycare teachers who basically never interacted with the kids and left them to sort out their own problems and conflicts. Not very successful.
Their current teacher told me she's working really hard to imprint that she's the teacher and will help them solve the conflicts and that they are to give each other positive feedback instead of being mean. More than once I felt like yelling at the kids to shut the f... up if they didn't have anything nice to say to each other. But at other times thay were so sweet to each other I could barely hold my tears back.
No comments:
Post a Comment