Tuesday, 16 October 2007

Career move

Science Mama asks if we are left vs right brained. Aparently I'm both. First the dancer (the silhouette of a naked woman is obviously represents the generic dancer) turned clockwise. Then I read the text to the left of the image figuring out that I mostly use RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS such as
-uses feeling
-"big picture" oriented
-imagination rules
-symbols and images
-present and future
-philosophy & religion
-can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
-believes
-appreciates
-spatial perception
-knows object function
-fantasy based
-presents possibilities
-impetuous
-risk taking

Then I turned back to the dancer and she was moving anti clockwise. Thus I mostly use LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS which are
-uses logic
-detail oriented
-facts rule
-words and language
-present and past
-math and science
-can comprehend
-knowing
-acknowledges
-order/pattern perception
-knows object name
-reality based
-forms strategies
-practical
-safe

Confusing. I read through another couple of posts in my Google Reader and going back to the test she was turningclockwise. And has been in four out of five times I've checked. So I guess that means that even though I'm on the logic side of my brain once in a while, I should probably not be in science! Maybe a new career in astrology.

No comments:

Post a Comment