A flat with a view
All the money and all the best interior designers in the world wouldn't be able to turn my flat here in France into my dream flat. The kitchen is just impossible since it has no straight angles (the street outside turns slightly and so does the row of houses along it).
What the flat can provide is a really nice view over the old town with it's gigantic cathedral. Normally it looks something like above.
Tonight was very different. I woke up from my slumber in front of the computer thinking someone started shooting outside. But since that doesn't happen too often around here I quickly realized it was fireworks. And, oh my, do the French know how to do spectacular shows.
Like with anything else that is fun but unfortunately has a negative side that is called pollution, I try to restrict my excitement. I got my camera and tried to take pictures.
I noted hundreds of jackdaws (Corvus monedula) flying around the towers of the cathedral. They seemed pretty disturbed by the whole thing and usually they're active earlier in the evening and normally quiet at this time of night. In the light from the fireworks I could also see plenty of bats flying around.
Halfway throught the show there was so much smoke in the sky so I couldn't see everything anymore, and when the show ended, the top of the two towers of the cathedral were not to be seen. I reckon I'll have my normal view again tomorrow. Apparently it's still tourist season around here, so there is still stuff going on in town. Late autumn and winter time is pretty boring. Good thing I'm leaving most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment