Friday, 22 June 2007

An unexpected phone call

Unexpected, but a very nice surprise. My cousin, Ms I, who is the same age as I am (i.e. slightly older than we'd like to be), called me this evening and we chatted for one and a half hours. I have hardly met her since I left Norway nine years ago, but when we lived in the same area we hung out pretty often.

It was great talking to her again. It was exactly like before since the subject of our conversation were much more grown-up than before (less guys & alcohol related damage and more kid-related stuff), but it was no problem getting the chatting going. And one thing came up that has always been part of our conversations for the last 25 years; one of her horses.

She got this 6 year old horse when she was 10 and the damn creature is still alive! It's amazing! They have their 25 year anniversary this summer. Isn't that the coolest thing? Whenever I talk to some family member about her I always expect to her that the horse has finally died, but it just never seems to happen. I'm totally flabbergasted. And very amused, and very happy for her.

2 comments:

  1. Just a thought. Are you secretive of you age? It seemed as though you were in the beginning of the blog. Yet unbeknownestingly (i think i just made that up) u told your age when speaking of the horse. Please don't shot me down, cause for some reason...I feel smart about figuring that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really, but if I were, you have now totally blown that part of my cover

    ReplyDelete