Multitasking
Back @ the department in home U where I did my PhD. I have three days of work while the Goose is with her dad and I have to do "everything" during these three days. "Everything" includes catching up with "everyone" since I see them only thrice a year, install stats software that I pay lisence for (usually takes at least two hours and I'm already late), submitting a conference abstract (maybe), planning my next tour d'Europe in June, finish a manuscipt, analyse my current data and have results ready for a meeting in two weeks, and plan future work with old colleagues. So far I have got to the first part. I have chatted with nearly everyone I wanted to chat with. And a few additional ones that I did not necessarily want to chat with. And I have started the stats package installation process by getting the eight necessary CDs and asking the ITadministrator to send me the licence file. Still waiting for the licence file. Meanwhile I try to read a manuscript from Dr B in Bergen, it's all modelling and I don't understand sh**. OK, here's the e-mail with the installation file. No more excuses to procrastinate. Wish me luck.
Update: The installation only took half an hour (after twenty minutes of trouble-shooting regarding the correct licence file....), so I even have some time over before the next event (see below)
Nice thing happening tonight: single malt tasting with the ladies only whisky club. Rumours say it will be Longrow 10 yo (Campelltown), Linkwood sherry wood (Speyside) och Glenlossie 13 yo (Speyside). Sounds good
No comments:
Post a Comment