Bergen nightlife
Just returned from a girls night out in Bergen with two of my colleagues, Dr D and my host Mrs D. First we went to a new place someone recommended called the Calibar. Nice atmosphere, but the musice was terrible. I havent really been out clubbing in Norway since I left in 98 so I didn't really know what to expect, but I had expected more like "what's on the charts nowadays, not what was on the charts 20 years ago". Dr D who is Canadian had this image of nightclubs in Norway; lots of blonde girls dancing to bad music, and that's what it was like. It was music for people at my age for crying out loud (born early 70s) and that's not really what I want since I am one of those 30+s that refuses to admit they're old and pathetic. We're talking "YMCA" and "Play that funky music white boy". Excruciating.
After half an hour of "it will probably be better soon", we finally left the place and when to the best, apparently, place in town called Mood. Situated in the old stock market it was pretty cool; high ceilings, lots of space, plenty of bars and a DJ who actually played music to which it was actually possible to shake some bootie. Worth every of the 100 NOK we had to pay in cover charge for a fun-starved postdoc living in a 15000 inhabitant town in the French countryside. Until the Norwegian drunken lack of good behaviour started coming through. But that's another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment